137 - 7 (14 successful runs, 7 incomplete)
***For runs 15 - 20 I've been using + 2 Char
, - 2 Talir's Intervention
, but I've switched it back in Run 21.
***I've also started tracking 2-power hands (for more than 4 turns) starting Run 16. So far I've won 2 out of 3 instances. I haven't been tracking this before since it hasn't been a big deal (maybe because I've been lucky, or maybe I've been able to survive it).
***21st run: Encountered 5 turns on 2 power (I forgot to track which opponent), where I had to Teleport Temple Scribe
3x. Managed to win it.
3rd loss: 15th boss fight = Company of Exiles
- AI got Ijin, Imperial Armorer
and started buffing its very wide weenies. Then it cast Crystallize
. I'm starting to consider Infinity Hourglass in the market because I'm always getting paired with this boss, it's starting to get obnoxious.
4th loss: 5th game of 16th run = Perfectly Even (2 power for 4-5 turns, I don't remember exactly but it I'm sure it wasn't less than 4).
- Someone asked from the comments section how I never encountered 2-power scenarios in 5 turns. Well now I did.
- I silenced 2 Trail Maker
s to minimize drops (which I think was the correct thing to do).
- One mistake that I don't know if it could've made a difference is: I bounced a Sandcrawler
instead of Marisen's Disciple
- Marisen's Disciple
costs 1 more which could've allowed me to stall more + I don't know if bouncing Marisen's Disciple
would've prevented the copy (wasted opportunity to test it!). I guess I feared that bouncing it would generate more threats.
5th loss: 6th game of 17th run = Rising Up
- My first unit was a Sandstorm Titan
at T6. My hand was full of Heart of the Vault
s and Xo of the Endless Hoard
- Surprise fact: Rising Up has Bandit Queen
! I was trying to stabilize but that sealed the deal.
6th loss: 18th run boss = Sudden Death
- AI got a T1 Infernus
in. I was doing great with Char
until Bandit Queen
arrived + Annihilate
and charged me at me to oblivion.
7th loss: 19th run boss = Mindless Aggression
- AI played on curve, then topped it off with Shogun of the Wastes
. Couldn't hold it off and only drew 1 spell.
***18th run: Encountered 5 turns on 2 power VS Chilling Touch, but managed to win.
- I think it helped that AI kept dropping low-cost units that I was able to deal with using Char
. I also had Temple Scribe
which I Teleport
ed the following turn so I can get a draw.
- Xenan Initiation
(I drew 2) wasn't really useful, but I kept it as an option.
- Eventually drew power, then merchant so I was able to push through.
89 - 2 (11 successful runs, 2 incomplete)
1st loss: 2nd run boss = Sudden Death
- Didn't get a chance here. AI got a very good start.
2nd loss: 9th run boss = Company of Exiles
- AI got Amilli, Cloudmarshal
out of a Crystallize
, WTH. Didn't get enough time to deal with her so I lost. Although I think I should've used Teleport
on her instead of my stunned Heart of the Vault
. But, that's life LOL.
ABOUT THE DECK:
* Replace the banners in the main deck with Crests if you have them. I have Crest in the market because I don't have a full playset. Thanks YurickYu for bringing it up!
UPDATE: Crafted Crests.
* I refrained from using flimsy ramp cards (Initiate of the Sands
/ Devotee of the Sands
) since (1) they don't do anything mid-game, (2) they clutter the board, (3) you get sad when they die (and they die easily in Gauntlet).
* I instead opted for spells to even out the board as we build ours. This makes our games a bit longer, but gives us more ways to deal with all the weird Gauntlet shenanigans in all stages of every match. These spells also allow us to race the AI if necessary, or get favorable trades.
* Temple Scribe
instead of Teacher of Humility
because Teacher sucks mid-game and doesn't advance us in any way, while Scribe is like a Treasure Trove
with a unit + heal.
* Xo of the Endless Hoard
isn't usually in any of the existing Big Praxis decks (that I know of), but I find his draw very good here since we are not closing games quick enough. He also provides some reach once we get to the late game.
* My first market pull is either power fixing or Xenan Obelisk
. Next is almost always Gnash, Desert Prince
since Obelisk + Aranhas are awesome + lots of flyers in Gauntlet!
* I'm able to play Great-Kiln Titan
a lot more than expected, but it stays at 2x because Xo of the Endless Hoard
's draw is more important.
* I used to have Saber-Tooth Prideleader
in my tests, but I found that I always market it and there are no relics in Gauntlet that are worth removing. It's probably better in ladder.
* I also used to have Cykalis, the Burning Sand
in my initial draft, but since this deck is slower, I cut him without testing. I'm doing well without him though.
1. Company of Exiles (spells into units) - 10 turns
2. Sudden Death (double damage) - Lost in 7 turns
3. Labyrinth Treasury (units cost 1 less) - 12 turns
4. Highly Skilled (+1/+1 for each battle skill) - 10 turns
5. Labyrinth Treasury (units cost 1 less) - 12 turns
6. Company of Exiles (spells into units) - 16 turns
7. Labyrinth Treasury (units cost 1 less) - 15 turns
8. Company of Exiles (spells into units) - 7 turns
9. Company of Exiles (spells into units) - Lost in 9 turns
10. Labyrinth Treasury (units cost 1 less) - 16 turns
11. Defender of the Spire (5 influence per faction) - 15 turns
12. Mindless Aggression (charge) - 7 turns
13. Limitless Possibilities (random battle skill) - 8 turns
14. Mindless Aggression (charge) - 16 turns
15. Company of Exiles (spells into units) - Lost in 11 turns
18. Sudden Death (double damage) - Lost in 4 turns
19. Mindless Aggression (charge) - Lost 4 turns
20. Power of Progress (2 power per turn) - 7 turns
21 Power of Progress (2 power per turn) - 5 turns