Pledge at least $1 to eternalwarcry.com on Patreon and the ads will be removed as a thank you!

ManuS's Deck (1st)

Piloted by
ManuS
Eternal Titans

+24

Cost Curve

Type

Faction

Tournament Information

ECQ: Dark Frontier - Top 8
May 5, 2019
1st

Details

Shiftstone Cost
Does not include campaign cost
47,500

Premium Cost
236,800

Influence Requirements
3 2

Power Sources
19 18 12

Power Calculator
Shiftstoned Icon View Deck on Shiftstoned

Deck Rarities
14 21 21 13

Card Types
26 1 28 0 25

Contains Cards From Campaigns
Dead Reckoning [Set1003]
Into Shadow [Set1004]
Homecoming [Set1005]

Archetype
Unknown

Added
May 5, 2019

Views
10,184

Eternal Version
v1.45 - Homecoming

BBCode For Comments

Deck URL

Comments

DrawMister Eternal Version: 1.45.7
You know, I'm not seeing the point of Warleader. I personally love the card, and have since it was spoiled. I initially thought of it as a fit in the old Argenport Mid. But how should it be played in this deck? Early aggressor? Dark Return sweetener? Chump Blocker?
ManuS Eternal Version: 1.45.7
I don't get that question. it is obviously an above average 2 drop that comes with the other upsides u mentioned. what's not to love about a 2 dropt hat scales with the game and gives u an insane buff on every unit u draw?
And yes it would also fit well into Argenport midrange if that deck wasnt too mediocre in general.
BillCosbatron Edited Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Heart of the Vault was the 4th most common card in this ECQ. I assume ManuS predicted the popularity of Praxis Pledge so a two drop with 3 health was the better choice than Ripknife assassin, it can also it can block Amaran Stinger
ManuS Eternal Version: 1.45.7
It has nothing to do with that. Ripknife is just a way worse and less powerful card. I can't imagine a world in which i would play that over warleader. warleader is miles above it.
Brunodini Eternal Version: 1.45.7
With all the Boros, an other stupid deck in the meta... Can be piloted by a monkey a make good results. I gave it a shot for a "fire daily quest", I made a 10-2. Lost on a mana death and on mirror. 2 fast spells. Almost only removal and creatures. As many decks/ games you can play it and prepare your meal. ^^

This is exactly what's wrong in many "strategy" games now. Skills are not rewarding enough. In other words, lack of skill is not enough punishable. Because DW allows the creation of decks like this one. Fews yars ago, I would have also blamed players. But now, thanks to Hearthstone as a major leader, mediocracy has well taken place in video games.

I guess, I can just enjoy to "challenge" myself by playing control late game decks or trying to make Makto echo works each seaons. :-)

KazePlays Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Let's be real... ManuS made a really great deck here, and the results prove it. I'm not sure if piloting any list in this game is rocket science. It may not be challenging for you to play, but it wins a lot, and that is kind of the goal for most players.
Brunodini Edited Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Agree. Building deck is, for me, the more interesting part. I built some awesome decks wih bring me each time to Master too. ManuS builds a really strong deck. GG to him for that, no doubt.

My point is just that, as you said, winning a lot should not be the goal for most players. Or not in the "no matter what" way.

Burt like I said. No fault to players, only from DE.
BHV Eternal Version: 1.46
Imo the most skillful fights happen with mirror matches, because it's about what little changes were made to the deck to favor the mirror and both players have access to the same tools. Whoever uses them better wins. The problem with that of course is that if mirror matches are common then there's a clearly dominating deck, and deck building isn't as important.
This deck came out of nowhere; there was no dominating SS aggro/mid deck, ManuS built it right before ecq. Imo a meta where there are several good decks (Hooru fliers, Jennev, FJS, Praxis Pledge, Hooru control, SS etc) and building is as important as handling is better. More diverse.
Brunodini Eternal Version: 1.46.1
Sorry, but I really not getting your point in my post... You know that "lmo" means "leave me alone" right ? :-) I'm always glad to discuss, but I really don't see how all of this fit in what I said....
BHV Eternal Version: 1.46.1
It's imo (in my opinion). Anyways, maybe I wasn't clear enough:
imo the most skillful matchups, that are the hardest to win, are usually mirror matches where the opponent has the same resources as you. So whoever plays the deck better, with more skill, wins. In a meta with lots of mirror matches, therefore, skill is a bigger factor in your results. It's more punishable as less skilled players lose more.

However, in a meta with lots of mirror matchups, there is almost no deck building to be done. And constant mirror matches make the game stale, which is why I prefer a meta with several decks that can be played. Sure it leads to some monkeys copy pasting off this site and getting masters but this deck can be beaten in a non-mirror match. It's about 50-50 with Hooru Control for example.
Brunodini Eternal Version: 1.46.1
OK ^^ "i" caps is in fact noa "l". Now, I understand your point. And I'm completly disagree with you. :-)

like you said, a mirror matchup is obv 50-50. But is 90% chance, 10% talent.

It will just be: will you draw the tool for the match up before the other one. That's it. Especially with this deck wich is really easy to play.
BHV Eternal Version: 1.46.1
Hey, to each their own. I do see the point you're making though. The problem with decks like this one is it's just play bomb removal play bomb removal. That doesn't take much thinking. But the deck building probably did: balancing the numbers of threats and removal was prob more challenging than playing the deck (since the other Stonescar lists at the ECQ did nowhere near as well). I see where you're coming from though.
KazePlays Eternal Version: 1.45.7
True, true.
ATop Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Hey, nice and fun deck!

If you had to swap Flamestroker for something, what would it be? Have the card, just seem to not use it to its full potential, so thinking about alternatives I can try out.
ManuS Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Nothing. The card is very unique at what it does and wins games on its own u cant win otherwise as explained in the video.
ATop Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Thanks
Sinedd Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Replacing Warleader with Ripknife makes this a fairly cheap deck assuming you have the campaigns
ManuS Eternal Version: 1.45.7
It also makes it a MUCH worse deck ;)
Sinedd Eternal Version: 1.45.7
i haven't tested both, but "much worse" seems like an exaggeration. sure, the warleader can snowball, but it's a worse topdeck later and it needs to stay alive to buff anything
ManuS Eternal Version: 1.45.7
much worse. the difference between 2 toughness and 3 toughness is huge. It's like replacing Hojan in Hooru with idk Dusk Raider or sth worse.
x4nder Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Well if you need to top deck something late then it doesn't matter warleader or rip knife. Both are not going to win you games.
VoidKing Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Congrats, ManuS!
ManuS Eternal Version: 1.45.7
Thank you! :)