Hello! This is a new deck I am developing and it is a tempo Hooru build. It is designed to put early pressure on the opponent with efficient creatures and weapons, backed up with a diverse removal suite and counterspells. I will go over each card choice below:
4x Finest Hour
– Very useful and efficient spell for pushing damage, or protecting a unit from damage based removal. Can easily 2-for-1 the opponent if they are not careful. All around more flexible than protect, thus its inclusion in the 75.
– A flexible cantrip that can be used to pop an aegis, push some surprise damage and also combos with Bring Down
to create an unconditional removal spell for only 3 power.
– Super efficient removal with the downside of being vulnerable to attachment removal, silence and of course, it can't affect endurance units. At 1 power it is still great at what it does and is a nightmare for Stonescar decks.
– Great for saving a unit from removal, or stopping a Flameblast to the face. Can be a dead card though and it has the downside of being very reactive. One could make a case for 2 copies but I feel additional copies are best left for the sideboard.
3x Seek Power
– Needed with the somewhat steep influence requirements of the deck.
– Can be used as a 2 power cost protect if necessary, but it is included in the deck as a way to fight control decks. Nothing is more satisfying than developing a board and countering the opponent's Harsh Rule
. Some other spells of note that it hits are Channel the Tempest
and Scouting Party
. Countering any of these spells is a huge tempo swing!
1x Bring Down
– Brutally efficient removal for problematic fliers such as Soulfire Drake
, Umbren Reaper
, Black-Sky Harbinger
, and Inquisitor Makto
. With the 2 Levitate
also in the deck, it can combo to kill any unit in the game. I tested a second copy but the results were a little too inconsistent with the card getting stuck in the hand too often.
– Still the most efficient removal in the game and hits almost everything we care about for the low cost of 2 power.
4x Crownwatch Paladin
– Not nearly as good as it was pre nerf, it still makes the cut as it is able to put the opponent under quite a bit of pressure, with finest hour's support. Warcry triggers can really stack up, and it holds a weapon well.
4x Kothon, the Far-Watcher
– A 2/3 endurance for 2 power is just about constructed playable in its own right. Add in the ultimate and we have a gem.
4x Tinker Overseer
– A 2/2 flying for 2 power is just ok. It's really not great, but we need another 2 drop and this will suffice.
4x Silverwing Familiar
– Put a weapon on it and get wins. Crucial card to beat aggro, weak against armory.
3x Spirit Guide – This card really can turn the tide against faster aggro decks. Lifesteal and weapons is very hard to race. Even on an empty board a 3/3 Lifesteal for 3 is just a little below rate. Solid roleplayer.
4x Valkyrie Enforcer
– One of the best Justice cards in the game. Silence stapled onto a 3/3 flying for 3 power is pretty good.
4x Hammer of Might
– Great weapon, efficient and adds value even if the unit is killed with the Warcry 3.
3x Peacekeeper's Prod – Quite a powerful weapon, hence the triple influence requirements. It borders on the power level of Hammer of Might
. Stunning a potential blocker helps to push damage and win races. Perfect for a tempo deck. We don't really want a 4th copy as it can be a bit too situational.
We only need single Primal but triple Justice influence. For these reasons we can't run Diplomatic Seal
. With the 3 Seek Power
, the power base is reasonably consistent. Cobalt Monument would be nice, but we are a little too heavy in Justice for it to be reasonable in my opinion. You could try working in a single copy though.