Talir Combo with a decent amount of ramp and solid midrange units.
I've played this list in two ECQs for 19-9 and 18-10 finishes, but I unfortunately lost in the first round of the top 64 both times.
For anyone unfamiliar with the combo:
- Talir gives time units destiny.
- Last Chance allows you to draw a merchant from you void which is played immediately because it has destiny.
- The merchant allows you to draw Vodakhan from the market, and it is played immediately because it has destiny.
- With Talir + Vodakhan you can draw your entire deck. Last Chance and Devour don't have destiny, but they can be used to draw cards that have destiny.
- Once you have drawn your whole deck, you should have a full board and have Grinva in hand. it was not played automatically because it is not a time unit. You can play Grinva, and when asked what to sacrifice because the board is full, sacrifice Vodakhan. When vodakhan dies, Grinva will deal more than 25 damage to the opponent. You can also use devour to kill additional units if needed.
- Having an empty deck doesn't cause you to lose until the turn ends, and you can reliably win before the end of the turn.
I cut Initiate of the Sands during testing because of how often it was killed by Vicious Highwayman, Torch, Snowball, or other similar cards. If those cards are not popular, it can be played instead of something like Moonstone Vanguard, Talir's Favored, or Friendly Wisp.