Basic mono-Primal midrange deck featuring Mokhnati, Restored
as a finisher. The aim of this deck is to control the board until you can get up to 8 or 9, then pound in for the win.
Control Suite: Hailstorm
- Standard sweeper. Best defense against aggro and go-wide strategies.
, Clan Tactic
- Fast response to single attackers.
- Pops aegis or burns down a single threat.
Turn to Seed
- For single threats that the above cards can't touch.
- Plan B finisher.
Wisdom of the Elders
- To draw cards.
, Cobalt Waystone
- Face aegis generators.
Creatures: Helio, the Skywinder
- Even on curve it's pretty damn decent. Late game, she can tilt a loss into a fighting chance.
- Aegis makes this a contender, and it allows for a diverse market.
Emblem of Linrei
- You generally don't want to decimate until you have the power to play your finishers, but this 3/1 with aegis can be handy in a pinch.
Finishers: Mokhnati, Restored
- 7/7 berserk that draws you cards and goes back to the deck when it dies? This card is one hell of a beating stick.
Channel the Tempest
- As plan B's go, it's not terrible. If you have the power, it's a decent target for Prodigious Sorcery
Market: Sodi, Wingbreaker
- Hard to kill and generates card advantage.
The Winter Crown
- Opens the field for you to get through and generates card advantage.
Kenna, Shaman of the Scale
- You have the spells to make her a beast. Tribute is tricky to trigger, but doable if you need it.
The other spots are fluid.
You generally want a path to get up to 5 power in your opening hand, either outright power cards or Eilyn's Favor
and some card drawing spells. If you have Hailstorm
, it's probably a good idea to keep it.
Keep the board locked down for the midgame while you work up to 8 mana. Don't be afraid to use Primal Etchings
without dipping into the market; you have 8 cards that can access the market and plenty of ways to draw more cards. Also don't be afraid to stuff one of your finishers into the market to grab Sodi or the Crown. You can always get them back later or draw more.
Harsh control. A solid amount of cards aimed at keeping the board cleared make for an easy finish to most games.
Card advantage. There's 11 cards in this deck that outright draw you cards, and two more in the market that reward you with even more drawing. It's not difficult to find what you need.
Spells. Silverblade Menace
and From Below
's Plasma Primordial
upgrade will not be kind to you if they find a way onto the board. Use your face aegis well.