This deck is an incredible amount of fun. It does an amazing job in gauntlet and I've had a reasonable amount of success with it in ranked so far as well. I ran a Spellcraft deck a while back with Tome of Repetition
and Horde Plunderer
and really enjoyed its interactions. The new Muster mechanic just makes these kinds of things shine even brighter.
These guys are meant to be quick to get out so that we can get attachments on them as soon as possible.
- Has the potential to be very fast and hard hitting for a one drop making it perfect for this kind of deck.
- Is surprisingly good in this setup. Not only is it something evasive to attach Sodi's Spellshaper
to early for fast card draws but its stun capabilities can really come in clutch towards the end game.
Teacher of Humility
- This is the one card I'm a little unsure about. It's a big two drop but it's influence requirements can be a bit steep for some games. It's ability to draw a card on its first hit can be great for getting our combo pieces together quickly though.
- Is cheap... evasive... and grows with Muster..... which is something that we will be activating a lot of.
- Is disgusting with all of the Spellcrafting we have flying around. And Tome of Repetition
makes this guy even crazier when they're both out at the same time.
Sodi the Metamorph
- Is pretty well proven by now. Card draw is great. Refreshing power with each Muster is lovely as well.
These are what get the heavy lifting done
- Card draw is terrific and bouncing opponent's stuff is always useful too.
Tome of Repetition
- Gets our power flow moving and allows us to do dirty things with Spellcraft later.
- Lifesteal is wonderful on flyers and getting back our Sodi the Metamorph
's and Horde Plunderer
's from the void has its upside as well.
- This thing is back breaking. Especially with any of our combo pieces in place. So much removal packed in to one card!
- Duplicate your Sodi the Metamorph
's and give them aegis to boot. Or other things if you'd like.
I keep going back and forth between temporary removal with Equivocate
and hard removal with Ice Bolt
. This deck really wants to overwhelm the opponent before they develop too deeply and I think that Equivocate
is the better choice for this overall as it sets them back just enough and doesn't allow them to progress their power situation. Also a bit unsure about Jotun Feastcaller because of it's expense but the card draw and aegis are extremely useful in the late game if you need it. NOTES
I'd love to hear any changes or ideas that you may have if you end up playing it. Especially if you end up slotting in something better for the positions that I've stated uncertainties about. Enjoy!