It's been a while since I last posted a Deck...
I had many decks running, but none were satisfying, as they were either boring as hell or not delivering success... Everyone who ever built a deck knows what i'm talking about.
Finally here is a Deck that is somehow entertaining, versatile and until now also undefeated in Gauntlet (20+ runs). Yes there for sure were a few matches that ended up pretty close, but in the end - win is win.
So what does this deck do? Well, as the name states, it totally controls the enemy (AI). Until now I haven't faced a single AI deck that wasn't beatable (doh... undefeated still), of course there are tricky setups, such as that Dragon deck (everyone hates it) and some bosses (double damage, charge), but this one runs so much board wipes, that the AI should not be able to establish himself ever.
We have Anti-Aegis, anti Aggro, Lifesteal, Flyer, CC, Reanimation, Ramp, Boardwipes, Anti-Reanimator, Relic Weapons... or in short, we have A LOT to face almost anything the AI can throw at us! Card Choices: Argenport Blueprints
- Eventhough there is quite a few anti-aegis here, it is used to help ramping and later on to bring back necessary boardpresence Condemn
- Ping and additional way to get Builder's Decree from the Market Cull the Deck
- Most of the time you will know what the AI is on about, so offers a perfect way to dig for the necessary cards Lost Scroll
- Ramp, can be used as market fodder once not needed to ramp anymore Saloon Massacre
- It works especially fine against aggro decks, yet when applying the Contract option, it will also remove bigger threats on regular basis (also FM will survive it) Auren Condemnation
- More Armor + Kill Hidden Road Smuggler
- I went for this one to access the market, because his body is to mainly just block off and die while regaining life. It can later be revived if necessary. Partnership Agreement
- We don't really care about the opposition gaining that 1 Justice Power per turn, it's more about us getting Builder's Decree
and Stormhalt Plating
ready (also a nice addition due to Backbreaker being in the market) Slay
- Kill, fast Vara's Authority
- Eventhough i wasnt a fan of it to begin with, the further Aegis removal in additon to Vara + the extra -2/-2 have their spot when it comes to getting red of some targets Furious Magniventris
- Stun, Armor, 3/5 Body... you wall know it Nothing Remains
- To be played when we have no board presence Harsh Rule
- To be played when we have board presence and need the wipe (we can revive units with Argenport Blueprints
later) Vara, Vengeance-Seeker
- Anti Aegis, potential kill either 5/5 with deadly/lifesteal or 3/3 with lifesteal and definate kill Stormhalt Plating
- Finisher Market: Builder's Decree
- This is to be used to close a match. It should be aimed to be played once atleast 9 Power (the higher the better) have been reached to finish off a match or to provide board presence. It used to be in the main deck with 4 copies, but I never needed more than 1 per match, thus it went to the market. Inquisitor Makto
- Allrounder. Nice Blocker, comes back after board whipes (expect for Nothing remains). Constant Threat Backbreaker
- Nice addition to either be played offensively and clear AI units or to buff an attacking Magniventris or even to stall, since Partnership Agreement can push it up very high in Armor D'Angolo Might
- Card Draw From the Heavens
- If the match gets into a situation where the AI wont let you reach board presence over time, yet spams units himself, this is the answer. I haven't used it much, but sometimes, just sometimes, i'm glad it's there.
To have a good start into the matches we aim for 3 Power, 1 ramp, 1 body, 1 removal, 1 wipe
Yet there are also several diferent ways a opening hand may look like. Even 1 undepleted power with Blueprints and Lost Scroll and 3 wipes works decently.
Your Avatar will take damage in many situations, as you dont want to wipe for just a 3/3 or so, let the AI have his minute of fame. Most games are won at around 10 HP'ish (with another 3+ armor). And there are also several diferent way to win a match. There are FM, Builder's Decree, Makto, From the Heavens, SP, even Vara can win matches by her own.
Has this broken Gauntlet? I highly doubt that, eventhough it can win against godmode AI, there will sooner or later be the godmode AI or human misplay that beats it, until then:
Have fun with it
Just because I'm running it undefeated so far, doesn'T mean you will too. This might be due to bad decisionmaking, godmode AI, "not-your-playstyle" etc.
Please don't flame, yet you are invited to share your experiences and offer suggestions :)
P.S. Is there a way to make this more Budget? Stormhalt Plating
could be possibly replaced with Backbreaker
and just add another relic weapon to the market, I'd suggest Gravity Glove
here since with all the ramp we have, it can end up massive with it's amplify potential (had that in Market on a previous version too) Inquisitor Makto
could be substituted for Howling Kurtarr
, since he works well with Partnership Agreement
and Lost Scroll
. Also Dichro, Vindicated
could take the spot due to his regen renewal
Just a little "trick" some players might not know yet:
Use D'Angolo Might
AFTER attacking with Furious Magniventris
, since it will keep its stats until the end of your turn, thus the card draw from D'Angolo Might
will be higher.