So... I wanted to give Aika, Whirling Death
charge and I wanted her to be big, all at the same time, so I thought Obelisk + Aika would make her big and that I would give Death Pit
a try. After all, who uses Death Pit. No one. So I threw some good cards together and discovered a few things:
1. People often don't realize what Death Pit is nor what it does. Many people will pretend their units still have summoning sickness even with the card in play.
2. A charging Aika, Whirling Death with a Deepforged Plate on her to win you the game out of nowhere when you have 12 power is as satusfying as I thought it would be - very.
3. Death Pit is a strong card when your cards are bigger and do more.
4. Charging Worldbearer Behemoth, Gnash, or HotV is great and takes opponents by surprise.
Basically, this deck is a WHIRL of fun and you should try it.
Some pointers from the games I've played
1. If you have just one merchant in hand, it's usually a 50/50 whether to nab Pit or Behemoth, but if you have two, grab Pit first. Pit is most useful if you already have Reliquary Raider or Moonstone Vanguard in hand.
2. Watch out for Royal Decree - if they just played a primal merchant, be careful of what you put in your hand.
3. Getting to 12 power is important as it makes Aika a real win condition and it is beautiful.
4. I have 2 of Nika and 2 Tocas in part because I only have 2 Tocas (sad face, I always nab the non-jank legendaries last) and in part because a charging Nika with lots of power available is also beautiful)
5. People waste removal on your +1 Max Power units and that can hurt, but it's also okay long run.
6. Saber-Tooth Prideleader is thus far a useful card - good against aggro and Relic decks. Good against sites and weapons too. Ambush is a great keyword, basically.
Again, have fun and if you have any suggestions I'm open to them.