All the ideas:
- Sling of the Chi
is obviously broken and will certainly be nerfed soon (I'm writing this on 11/21/2020). It's also really fun, so let's get the most out of it in a midrange deck.
- Sling forces us to have Primal and Fire Influence, but to consistently draw it we also need Calibrate
, so that means we need Time Influence as well.
- Since it's a Primal deck, can we fit in Helio, the Skywinder
for more draw power and consistency? Yes.
- If all of our Power cards are Primal, can we get away with running Rost, the Walking Glacier
, a card that combos in many ways with Sling? Yes. (Note: if Rost dies while Sling is active, Sling's effect will trigger again immediately for the Shifted Rost!).
- It's coincidentally a budget deck, as it requires only 5 total Legendaries!
- It's really hard to find the perfect ratio of Power cards for this kind of FTP (Fire/Time/Primal) deck.
- Weak to enemy Units with Aegis and Relic removal. (Note: If you have two active copies of Sling and target a Unit with Aegis, it won't pop the Aegis first and then hit the Unit. Instead, it will hit the Aegis twice before the Aegis disappears).